Infant Sleep! It's the topic of most mommy blogs, drop in groups and online threads... And when trying to learn about sleep, there is a world of conflicting information and advice. It can be so hard to determine what's right for your own family, especially when we don't yet know what normal is!
Setting expectations that are realistic and workable is the foundation of anxiety free parenting! By the end of this class, you will have a good understanding of why babies sleep (or don't sleep) the way they do, what is happening through different sleep phases, and how you can get your entire family the best sleep possible while maintaining strong, secure attachments.
Specifically, we will discuss:
- Infant sleep, biological norms and cultural expectations
- brain growth, brain wiring and how responsiveness plays a role in brain development
- tricky times to watch for (sleep regressions, progressions, and disturbances, etc)
- various safe sleep environments and options
- how to respond to outside pressure and advice that may not represent your own goals
- how to determine if there is a sleep problem, and what you can do
- tips to help the whole family find enough healthy sleep
You will receive emailed handouts. Babies in arms welcome.
Facilitated by Ashley Pickett, IBCLC, Infant Sleep Educator, Parent Coach, Doula
This class is best suited for those in the pre-natal period up to the first 12 months postpartum.
The investment for this class is $60 per person. Please add $30 for an additional caregiver (parent, grandparent, babysitter, etc of the same child). Class size is kept small for better learning and discussion. Because of this, limited spaces are available! Payment is due to secure your spot. Message me via www.ashleypickett.com for questions or call Abaton IM to pay for your spot. You may also e-transfer your fee and email to let me know! firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't personally need this class, please consider sharing it with your friends! If you are a practitioner and would like to attend, please contact me for details about practitioner fees and to see if there is space.