Best beginnings Breastfeeding SUPPORT package
If you have not yet had your baby, and would like to line up the very best preventative support possible, the "Best Beginnings" package is designed for you. This package has a focus on avoiding the most common breastfeeding challenges such as nipple and breast pain, slow weight gain, supplementation, and too frequent or long feeds. Also, to increase your confidence in your ability to breasted your baby and overcome any challenges or normal changes that may arise! I always offer non-judgemental support towards whatever breastfeeding goals your family has identified. With this package, I am on call for your due date as well as available for phone/text/email support throughout pregnancy to your first month.
This package includes:
- an email containing information on how to get the best start
- a prenatal phone call to discuss the shared information and prepare for the first few feeds
- a home or hospital visit (your preference), within the first 48 hours
- a follow up visit in my Oakville office within the first 2 weeks
- I can come to your home for an additional travel fee
The investment for your Best Beginnings is $400. You also have a 50% discount on my prenatal BF class.
PRENATAL BREASTFEEDING CLASS
You deserve the best possible start to breastfeeding! Feeding your baby is natural and normal, however it’s a skill like anything else and takes time to master. Join me and other families-to-be to enhance your knowledge and understanding of breastfeeding your baby. Whether feeding your baby starts out smooth, or you end up running into challenges, knowing how to trouble shoot and decipher problems can help you feel confident and ready to meet your babies needs.
We will discuss many topics, including:
- How the breast is designed, and how the system of milk production works
- Steps to take to get the very best start
- Relationship between the latch & milk flow
- On Demand vs Scheduled feedings
- Signs of a well fed baby
- Barriers to weight gain and milk supply
- Ages and stages, what to expect
- Importance of Self Care for parents
- Common Breastfeeding challenges, and when to get help
You may learn about Breastfeeding in your childbirth/prenatal classes. I design this class to cover information above and beyond the typical breastfeeding section in most prenatal/childbirth classes.
The investment is $75 per family. Please see events for upcoming classes!
FLOURISH PRENATAL RETREAT: OAKVILLE’S PREMIER PRENATAL CLASS
FLOURISH is a comprehensive weekend of pregnancy, childbirth, recovery, breastfeeding and infant care education. So much more than a typical prenatal class; we’ve combined everything new parents say they wish they learned into one convenient weekend including catered lunches and refreshments.
You’ll learn about:
- Having a healthy pregnancy
- Labour and birth: stages of labour, positions, coping strategies
- Tips and tricks for confident birth partners
- Postpartum care for Moms
- Newborn care, breastfeeding, infant sleep and babywearing
- Local resources to support you on your pregnancy and parenting journey
You’ll also be treated to lunches, refreshments and snacks from local businesses! You’ll learn more at Flourish than you would at any other prenatal class. Everything is included! Just show up and enjoy.
Join Expert Moms:
- Ashley Pickett, IBCLC - Lactation Consultant, Infant Sleep Educator, Babywearing Educator (www.abatonim.com)
Jaklyn Andrews, CCE - Childbirth Educator, Doula (www.oakvillefamilybirth.com)
Dr. Denise Handscomb, ND - Naturopathic Doctor (www.abatonim.com)
Please see full event details at www.oakvillefamilybirth.com/flourish/
Becoming new parents for the first, second or third time can be enjoyable and anxiety-free! I would love to provide you with loving, targeted, and personalized pregnancy, labour, birth and breastfeeding support.
My Birth doula support includes prenatal education and support, as well as postnatal check ins to make sure you're doing great!! And as both an IBCLC (lactation consultant) and doula, I am able to offer you the above Best Beginnings Breastfeeding package, with prenatal education and postnatal breastfeeding visits to help you not only have your best birth, but your best breastfeeding relationship. We will meet twice prenatally, I will attend you through your birth experience, and then stay to make sure you're settled and to help with a feeding plan after the birth. I will also visit two more times at home. The investment for doula support with lactation care is $1300. Doula support without lactation care is $1000. Let's set up a no-obligation meet and greet to discuss how doula support can work for you!