Infant Sleep! It's the topic of most mommy blogs, drop in groups and online threads... And when trying to learn about sleep, there is a world of conflicting information and advice. It can be so hard to determine what's right for your own family, especially when we don't yet know what normal is!
Setting expectations that are realistic and workable is the foundation of anxiety free parenting! By the end of this class, you will have a good understanding of why babies sleep (or don't sleep) the way they do, what is happening through different sleep phases, and how you can get your entire family the best sleep possible while maintaining strong, secure attachments.
Ashley has been teaching this class for 8 years, and is excited to share the ever changing science around attachment and sleep to you!
Specifically, we will discuss:
- Infant sleep, biological norms and cultural expectations
- brain growth, brain wiring and how responsiveness plays a role in brain development
- tricky times to watch for (sleep regressions, progressions, and disturbances, etc)
- various safe sleep environments and options
- how to respond to outside pressure and advice that may not represent your own goals
- how to determine if there is a sleep problem, and what you can do
- tips to help the whole family find enough healthy sleep
You will receive emailed handouts.
Babies in arms welcome.
This class is best suited for pre-natal families to families in the first 12 months.
$50 per person. $25 for an additional caregiver (parent, grandparent, babysitter, etc)
Limited spaces available! Payment is due to secure your seat. Please purchase tickets through EventBrite, OR contact Abaton Integrative Medicine at (905) 580-3333 to register & pay for your spot.
f you are a practitioner and would like to attend, please ask about practitioner fees!