OUCH, MY NIPPLES! OMG HUNGRY AGAIN? HOw ARE YOU UP AGAIN to eat...!
As a lactation consultant with a decade of experience in one of the worlds most identified breastfeeding clinic, I have heard it all! And as a mother of three with very different feeding journeys, I have experience most problems out there... And through my experience at one of the top clinics, have seen many cases that others only get the chance to read about! If you are experiencing any of the following, I can help:
- sore nipples or sore breasts
- not enough breastmilk
- frequent, long feedings or frequent, short feedings
- white/blanching nipples and shooting pains
- candida/thrush in parent or baby
- tongue tie, lip tie or buccal ties
- reflux & colic behaviours
- aerophagia and infant gas
- induced lactation: surrogacy / adoption / same sex couples
- blocked ducts and blebs
- managing jaundice
- blood sugar regulation
- mastitis and other infections
- diabetic pregnancy preparation / Type 1 diabetics breastfeeding
- tandem nursing / breastfeeding multiples
- full-term breastfeeding
- transitioning back to work
- introducing solids
- weaning from the breast / abrupt weaning for medical reasons
Breastfeeding Home Visit Options
Home or Hospital Visit:
In your own home, we can get you the best latch in the spaces that you use the most. On your chair, and your couch, or in your bed... a great option if you find that everything works in the clinic, but doesn’t seem to work once home! Also helpful for families who have had a cesarian birth, siblings at home, or challenges that make it hard to get to clinic.
- An initial home visit is $200 for up to 1.5 hours, and includes a month of follow up texts/emails.
- Follow up visits are $150 and up to 1 hour.
You may book in to see me at Abaton Integrative Medicine, located in downtown Oakville. Our office is warm, welcoming, and feels like a living room! You can lean back in a comfy chair, or lay down on the bed.. feel relaxed while we find the best solutions for you!
- An initial visit in my office is $150 for up to 1.5 hours.
- Follow up visits are $100 and up to 1 hour.
- Drop-In Group clinic is Mondays from 1-4pm and is $50/family.
We have free on site parking. I have office hours at Abaton Tuesday and Thursday, and can sometimes accommodate other days of the week including weekends. Please call Abaton directly (www.abatonim.com / 905-580-3333) to book in, or contact me via the contact tab here.
Anything over these outlined times is charged at my hourly fee of $100 per hour.
Example – a 2-hour initial visit would be $200 in office or $250 at home.
TWINS: please expect a 2-hour consultation (please add $50 to home or office fees).
What to expect in an initial visit:
In our visit together, I will collect your history to help understand what may have contributed to your breastfeeding concern. We will walk through a feeding so I can help assess the breastfeeding issue - it is important that your baby is hungry at some point during our visit. I will try to identify and/or correct any current challenges, and together we will make a plan to resolve your issue and help prevent the most common breastfeeding difficulties.
After our visit, we can book follow ups as needed until you have reached your breastfeeding goals. You are welcome to contact me for a approximately a month with follow up texts/emails as well. Please note that I will get back within 24-hours, and if you do not receive a response, to please resend or better, call me. It has happened that a text or email has gotten lost or didn’t come through, and it would never be my intention to not answer you. We could also schedule an appointment if there is a new concern, or a new need such as a focus on Sleep, Babywearing, or Parent coaching.
I do also offer phone consultation when there is a new challenge, and the fee for this is $1.50 per minute.